CNA Training Resources
Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs) fill the most hands-on role in resident care and are integral to the care process. CNA positions also represent the highest number of vacancies and rate of turnover in skilled nursing and assisted living. Explore a new online training program from WVHCA and partner Academic Platforms.
Blended Online CNA Program
WVHCA is excited to launch a new OHFLAC approved Online CNA Program in partnership with Academic Platforms, AHCA’s preferred provider. The program will allow non-facility based and facility-based training programs to incorporate online didactic nurse assistant training in conjunction with their existing clinical training.
Course Features and Benefits
- Accessible on smartphones, tablets PCs and Macs
- E-book/lectures/video instruction are cloud-based – no downloads or installs
- Audiobook capability
- Practice tests, study guides, quizzes and chapter reviews
- Competency-based skills checklists with visuals and videos
- Scheduled in-person skills and clinical training
- Grading software for instructor to evaluate students electronically
- Data analytics include class activity reports, data by student, student competency
- Design that allows organizations the ability to include customized content
- Click here to view the Next Steps document.
- Click here to view a FAQ on CNA Blended Online Training Programs.
- Read the case study from an Iowa skilled nursing facility whose online CNA program offers their instructors and students flexibility.
Questions about the Online CNA Training program can be directed to Gwyentte Winstead, Director of Sales & Business Development, at email@example.com
Become a Nurse Aide Program Director or Instructor
Click here to access the Office of Health Facility Licensure & Certification information for Nurse Aide Educational Programs.