The West Virginia Health Care Foundation awards scholarships each year to employees of West Virginia Health Care Association facilities. The scholarships allow employees to attain their educational and professional goals. Please contact the Association if you are interested in making a donation or sponsoring an annual named scholarship.
Scholarship applications are due during the first quarter each year. The Foundation board reviews applications and makes recommendations for awards. The Foundation announces scholarship winners each May during the Annual Convention Awards Gala and awards funds to recipients in time for fall registration of classes.
Criteria for applicants are a demonstrated interest in long-term care; current employment with a WVHCA member facility for at least one year; acceptance of enrollment in an approved educational institution; and meeting the application deadline.
Scholarship opportunities include:
- Alfonsi Family Scholarship: $2,500
- AMFM Charitable Foundation: $2,500
- Joan K. Todd Memorial Scholarship $2,500
- Marjorie L. Anderson Scholarship: $2,500
- Serra Family Foundation: $2,250
- WV Long-Term Care Service Corporation: $1,500
- Herman Conaway Memorial Scholarship: $850