2023 Orientation to West Virginia Operations2/9/20232/10/2023
Date: February 9, 2023 Time: 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Registration starts at 9:00 a.m.)
February 10, 2023 Time: 8:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Location: Boy Scouts of America, Buckskin Council, 2829 Kanawha Blvd E., Charleston, WV
CE’s Offered: Administrator – 8.5 hours, RN/LPN – 10.2 hours
Price: Members – $179
The West Virginia Health Care Association, Inc. provides Administrators, Directors of Nursing, and key staff members an opportunity to learn about policies, processes, and regulatory requirements specific to West Virginia. In the two-day seminar, leaders with less than three years of leadership experience in West Virginia will hear speakers knowledgeable in survey practices, management, government relations, reimbursement policies, and many more topics relevant to Long Term Care and Assisted Living.
- Introduction to the WV Health Care Association – (Marty Wright -WVHCA Chief Executive Officer)
- How are Nursing Homes Paid?
- Voice of Experience – Long Term Care – (Michael Gore – Executive Director, Cabell Health Care Center)
- Voice of Experience – Clinical Care & Quality Measures – (Pam Meador – Director of Regulatory Services, WVHCA)
- Introduction to Quality Improvement Organizations (QIO) – (Biddy Smith – IDIQ Task Order Director)
- Advocating for Long Term Care – (Megan Roskovensky – WVHCA, Director of Government Relations)
- Tour of WV State Capitol & WV Supreme Court of Appeals
- Introduction to the WV Ombudsman Program – (Suzanne Messenger – WV State Long Term Care Ombudsman)
- Introduction to Adult Protective Services
- Introduction to OHFLAC – (Tina Maher – Director of OHFLAC)
0-48 hours prior – 50% due
49 hours or more – $25 due
no show – 100% due
All cancellations need to be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the reason for the cancellation.
Click here to register.