Jenny Nolen – I’m Smiling but … I’d Really Like to Slap You! Strategies for Overcoming Negativity
Track 8 – HANDOUT dp
Statistics tell us that 78 percent of daily conversation is negative. Are you part of the problem or part of the solution? Your workplace is seething with hostility and negativity. No matter where the negativity begins, it’s up to you to improve the atmosphere. How you address negativity depends on whether you control it or it controls you.
• How to understand negativity and its causes
• The high cost of negativity in the workplace: turnover, lack of trust, burnout, lethargy
• The many disguises of negativity: Blamers, Chronic Complainers, Nasty-Nicers, Yes But-ers, Whin-ers, Procrastinators, and others
• Clear definitions of pessimism and optimism
• How to replace negative self-talk with positive affirmation