Beth Divelbiss – Navigating Quality Measures Toward 5-Star Improvement
CMS implemented changes to the 5-Star Quality Rating System, which helps consumers, families, and caregivers compare nursing homes. Beth Divelbiss, RN, will examine the methodology and elements of the Rating System and help attendees understand the vital measurements.
• List the 12 MDS measures used to calculate the quality measure (QM) rating of 5 Star
• State the five claims-based measures used in calculating the QM rating of 5 Star
• Verbalize understanding of how the MDS based measures “trigger”
• Describe the five-risk adjusted QMs
• Classify the 5-Star QMs into the appropriate weighted-CMS system
• Integrate a basic understanding of QMs into improving your 5-star rating