Pictures tell stories. Let’s tell ours.
Pictures tell stories, and WVHCA members have many great stories to tell. The goal of the WVHCA Photo Contest is to showcase daily life, activities, and the loving care West Virginia’s skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities and assisted living communities provide residents.
Photo Contest Rules
• Photos must be submitted in electronic format.
• Photos must have been taken no earlier than January 1, 2019.
• Member facilities may enter as many as three photos.
• Color and black and white images will be accepted.
• Photos should depict the lives of residents and/or staff.
• Photo possibilities include special holiday/birthday events, fishing trips, picnics, health-related services involving residents and staff, and portraits of residents and/or staff.
• Administrators must approve the submission of each entry.
• Employees are encouraged to use the facility’s camera and must follow the facility policies regarding photography and resident privacy.
• Every individual identifiable in the photograph (resident or responsible party and/or employee) must have signed a photo release form.
• Please e-mail photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
◼ Submitter’s name
◼ Facility name
◼ Facility phone number
◼ WVHCA photo releases with signatures from each person in the photo
◼ Photo caption (not to exceed 30 words)
◼ Facility administrator’s signed approval
• The WVHCA Public Relations Committee will judge photos.
• WVHCA may use submitted photos on Facebook, in internal communications, in marketing and promotional materials, and distribute to local media.
The winning facilities will receive a cash prize awarded to its Activity Department:
First Place: $250
Second Place: $150
Third Place: $100
Winners will be announced during the 2020 Annual Convention and Trade Show.
Electronic photographs must arrive with all signed releases by close of business on Friday, April 17, 2020. Please e-mail to: email@example.com.