2020 Orientation to West Virginia Operations1/30/20201/31/2020
Date: January 30, 2029 Time: 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Registration starts at 9:00 a.m.)
January 31, 2020 Time: 8:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Location: WVHCA Office, 110 Association Drive, Charleston, WV 25311
CE’s Offered: Administrator – 8.5 hours, RN/LPN – 10.2 hours
Price: Members – $179
The West Virginia Health Care Association, Inc. provides Administrators, Directors of Nursing, and key staff members an opportunity to learn about policies, processes, and regulatory requirements specific to West Virginia. In the two-day seminar, leaders with less than three years of leadership experience in West Virginia will hear speakers knowledgeable in survey practices, management, government relations, reimbursement policies, and many more topics relevant to Long Term Care and Assisted Living.
- Introduction to the WV Health Care Association – (Marty Wright -WVHCA Chief Executive Officer)
- How are Nursing Homes Paid? (Todd Jones – President, AMFM, Inc.; Amy Sowards – WVHCA, Chief Financial Officer)
- Voice of Experience – Long Term Care – (Chris McBee – Administrator, Willows Center)
- Voice of Experience – Clinical Care & Quality Measures – (Beth Divelbiss – Director of Clinical Development, Stonerise Healthcare)
- Introduction to Quality Improvement Organizations (QIO) – (Biddy Smith – QIN-QIO Program Director, Quality Insights)
- Advocating for Long Term Care – (Megan Roskovensky – WVHCA, Director of Government Relations)
- Tour of WV State Capitol & WV Supreme Court of Appeals
- Introduction to the WV Ombudsman Program – (Suzanne Messenger – WV State Long Term Care Ombudsman)
- Introduction to Adult Protective Services – (Amber Moore – WVDHHR, Adult Service Policy Specialist)
- Introduction to OHFLAC – (Tina Maher – Programe Manager for the LTC Program – OHFLAC)
0-48 hours prior – 50% due
49 hours or more – $25 due
no show – 100% due
All cancellations need to be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the reason for the cancellation.
Click here to register.