"Virtual Convention" Webinar Series8/18/2020
“Virtual Convention” Webinar Series
Member Rate – $39 per webinar / $150 for series
Non-Member Rate – $78 per webinar / $275 for series
CE’s Offered per webinar: Administrator, SW – 1 hours RN – 1.2 hours
A Deeper Dive into Decision Making Capacity – July 29, 2:00 p.m.
Suzanne Messenger, LTC Ombudsman
- Participants will enhance their understanding of decision-making capacity as it relates to a resident’s healthcare and financial decisions.\
- Participants will be able to describe the decision-making limits of a medical power representative, financial power of attorney representative, health care surrogate, and guardian.
- Participants will be able to recognize decisions that still rest with the resident, despite the fact that s/he lacks capacity to make healthcare decisions.
Infection Control & Prevention in Long-Term Care – August 18, 10:00 a.m.
Samantha Mullins, APRN, MSN, FNP-C
WVDHHR Bureau for Public Health
- Define the purpose of the Infection Control Assessment and Response (ICAR) program.
- Describe the different types of ICAR tools.
- Describe the use of ICAR in practice.
- Define the purpose of ICAR specific to COVID-19.
- Define key strategies of ICAR related to COVID-19.
Legal Considerations in the Age of COVID: Proper Care May Not be Enough – September 2, 11:00 a.m
Karen McElhinny & Caleb Davis, Shuman, McCuskey & Slicer, PLLC
- Identify the targeted areas of facility administration, including staffing, guidelines, policies, procedures, documentation, document retention, budgeting, and reporting.
- Examine their own facility’s practices, policies, and procedures to determine whether liability traps exist.
- Create new policies and documentation practices to avoid falling into liability traps in future litigation.
Interventions to Support Mental Health During a Pandemic – September 15, 2:00 p.m.
Kathy Adkins (OTR/L, CPC-A, RACT-CT, CDP) & Leta Kant (PT) RehabCare
- Identify causes/risk factors of behavioral health issues due to social isolation from COVID-19
- Identify the role of rehabilitation to work with individuals with behavioral health issues
- Educate facility staff on routines, activities and meaningful activities to improve quality of life
Best Practices Roundtable: Your Fellow Providers Speak on Creative & Innovative Programming – October 22, 10:00 a.m.
- What motivated a center to develop a program?
- What unexpected problems surfaced?
- What was the outcome of the program?
- Can other members replicate the program?
Click here to register for one or more of the webinars.
This educational offering is under review for continuing education credits for LTC Administrators, RNs (WV 1996-0078RN) and Social Workers (SW-400975)