Nominations Are Open!
Let’s celebrate our long-term care superstars!
Nominations are due on or before November 15, 2019
To ensure that your entries will be considered. Please carefully read the Rules of Entry and complete the following steps:
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Complete the Application and Nomination Forms, following the Rules of Entry below
- Submit nominations to WVHCA on or before the following deadlines:
- Award nominations must arrive at WVHCA on or before: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Deficiency free and no lost time nominations are due: Friday, February 14, 2020
- Administrator of the Year (Nursing Facility Members Only)
- Outstanding Assisted Living Professional (Assisted Living Members Only)
- Director of Nursing of the Year
- Youth Volunteer of the Year (May be an Individual or Group)
- Adult Volunteer of the Year (May be an Individual or Group)
- Best Practice
- Nurse of the Year (RN, LPN)
- CNA of the Year
- Therapy Professional of the Year
- Individual Excellence (social work, environmental, dietary, maintenance, office, etc.)
- Distinguished Service
- No Lost Time (Due February 14, 2020)
- Deficiency Free (Due February 14, 2020)
Award winners will be recognized at the WVHCA Annual Awards Gala
on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 in Charleston, WV.
Rules of Entry:
- The nominating facility must be in good standing with the West Virginia Health Care Association.
- Nominees must be currently employed by a member facility and in good standing with his/her respective licensing board(s), if applicable.
- The same person cannot win two different award categories in the same year.
- A winning candidate from the previous year is not eligible for the same act or service in the same category for three years. However, if the winning candidate performed a completely different act or service in a category which they won previously, then they may be nominated in the same category.
- A list of previous award recipients can be found here: Awards History – 2017-2019
APPLICATION AND NOMINATION FORM REQUIREMENTS:
- All nomination forms must remain anonymous where noted and must NOT reveal the identity of your nominee or facility. Some award categories may request copies of news clippings or press releases; we are not concerned about revealing the identity of the facility/staff in these items.
WINNERS: You will be contacted in early January if your nominee was selected as a winner.