Be Prepared: Legal and Operations Update
Date: August 23, 2012
Location: Sutton/Flatwoods Days Hotel, Sutton, WV
Price: Members - $125 / Non-Members - $200
RACs and the Medicare and Medicaid Appeal Process - Thomas W. Hess
Health care providers have always been subject to audit, and the Recovery Audit Program is another tool in the government’s audit toolbox.
This session will discuss the history of the Recovery Audit Process, the 5 step appeal process available to the health care provider and the defenses available to the health care provider during an audit.
- Understand the audit process
- Take advantage of the audit appeal process
- Learn what defenses are available during an audit.
5 Top Litigation Issues for the Nursing Home Defendant - Robby J. Aliff
Nursing homes are the target of plaintiff’s attorneys.
Mr. Aliff will discuss the major litigation issues facing nursing homes today and methods to avoid litigation or mitigate losses.
- Advise administrators on risk management strategies.
- Stay up to date on the current litigation environment.
- Learn risk management strategies.
Listening and Learning from Jury and Public Opinion - Mark Blankenship
Learn what motivates people who serve on mock and real jury panels.
Mr. Blankenship, a national leader of public and litigation research, has worked on some of the most high-profile, high-risk litigation issues across the nation. A significant portion of his work has included issues related to litigation surrounding the long term care industries.
- Learn the research methodologies available to help develop and refine case strategy.
- Options for public communications plans related to the nursing home industry generally and litigation specifically.
- Discover what shapes public and juror opinion related to nursing home litigation.
- Provide assistance in the interpretation of public opinion data
Crisis Leadership: Emergency Planning and Business Continuity - Michael Barrick
Utilizing a hands-on approach, workshop facilitator Michael Barrick will introduce you to methods and tools needed to recognize areas of vulnerability for your facility, people, patients and visitors.
- Identify vulnerabilities
- Integrate into community disaster plans
- Develop plans for an emergent events which could affect patient care and safety and business continuity.
Click here for printable flyer.