Poof! You're a Nurse Manager!
Charleston - August 21, 2012
This session will be held on August 21 in Charleston at the WVHCA office, 110 Association Drive, Charleston, 25311 (304-346-4575)
This course is designed for new nurses or experienced nurses new to the long-term care setting.
This one day intensive course will review key clinical processes and current regulations and clinical standards of practice. It will provide a brief overview of the Quality Indicator Survey process and quality assurance for performance improvement along with management essentials for the long term care nurse.
- Describe the key components of the effective pain management assessment in the LTC setting
- Verbalize understanding of current standards of practice for pressure ulcer prevention and treatment
- State the minimum requirement for an effective infection control program.
- Identify the maximum daily thresholds for anti-psychotics and anxiolytics in the geriatric population according to F329 State the transient causes of urinary incontinence and identify behavioral continence management programs for residents in the LTC setting
- State the transient causes of urinary incontinence and identify behavioral continence management programs for residents in the
- Verbalize understanding of the admission, census and MDS samples in a Quality Indicator Survey and the importance of maintaining an effective Quality Improvement Program.
Click here for the printable brochure.