Webinar - Prevention and Control of Infections
Webinar Date: May 22, 2012 Time: 11a.m. - Noon
Who should attend? ALL STAFF: According to the WV LTC and AL regulations ALL staff are required to complete infection control training initially and then on an annual basis.
Meeting Description & Objectives: The importance of prevention and control of infections continues to expand in scope. Varying resident populations and an ever-increasing variety of regulations and survey processes have increased the infection control challenge in the LTC/AL setting.
This webinar will comply with applicable WV LTC and AL regulations as defined in 64CSR13 section 11.5.c.4.B for LTC, and 64CSR14 section 5.5.a/b for AL (infection control training only). For additional information related to WV state required in-servicing please visit: http://www.wvdhhr.org/ohflac/NursingHome/WV_Law.aspx for LTC, and http://www.wvdhhr.org/ohflac/Residential/WV_Laws.aspx for AL.
1. Discuss the key components of an effective infection prevention and control program.
2. Define the basic steps in designing and evaluating a surveillance program.
3. Identify risk factors which facilitate infection transmission.
4. Verbalize understanding of the appropriate use of infection control precautions.
5. State the importance of appropriate hand hygiene as key in infection prevention.